- Benjamins Lemon flavouring
- Benjamins Vanilla
- Benjamins Red food colouring
- Benjamins Green food colouring
- Benjamins Yellow food colouring
6 oz. sugar
6 oz. butter
8 oz. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
4 oz. liquid (milk or water)
pinch of salt
1 tsp. Benjamins Lemon flavouring
1 tsp. Benjamins Vanilla
Benjamins Red food colouring
Benjamins Green food colouring
Benjamins Yellow food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degreees.
2. Grease and flour baking tin..
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time and beat
5. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with liquid to butter and sugar mixture.
6. Spread batter evenly in prepared cake tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes. A toothpick
inserted in the middle should come out clean.
7. When cake is cooled, remove from tin and
decorate with stars.
To Swirl in Flavouring:
1. Save 2 cups cake mixture, one cup per colour
2. After pouring the plain cake mixture in the baking tin, gently swirl in coloured mixture with a whisk (do not beat)
3. Bake at 350°F for approximately 30 minutes.