- Benjamins Strawberry Flavouring
- Benjamins Almond
- Benjamins Vanilla
- Benjamins Rose Water
- Benjamins Food Browning
1 lb sugar
¼ cup Benjamins vanilla
1 lb butter
¼ tsp. Benjamins almond essence
1½ lbs cake flour
1 – 2 tsp. Benjamins strawberry flavouring
1 – 2 tsp. Benjamins rose water
6 tsp baking powder
1 – 2 bottle Benjamins food browning
1½ tsp. mix spice
¼ cup gungo peas (cook until tender)
1½ tsp. cinnamon powder
¼ cup red peas (cook until tender)
1½ tsp. nutmeg powder
1 cup broad beans (cook until tender)
1 tsp. lime rind
1 cup black eye peas (cook until tender)
Pinch of salt
Rum & wine to steam peas and beans
1. Peel cucumber and blend with water.
N.B. Steam peas, beans, wine and rum for 2 – 3 minutes and leave for overnight.
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs slowly.
2. Sift all dry ingredients twice and add cream mixture.
3. Add vanilla, almond essence, rum, wine and lime rind. Add peas and beans mixture.
4. Add browning until reaches desired darkness, pour into cake tin.
5. Cover with foil paper and bake at 325º – 350º until done. Remove from tin and allow to cool. Use butter cream icing to decorate as desired.